Sunday, 22 February 2015

Sunday February 22, 2015


Gwyn made a fratitta for breakfast utilizing some of the leftovers from dinner the night before.  It was then time to see off Eileen & AL (Captain Dinghy).  Eric and I brought them to the dinghy dock and as we approached the cab driver (Del) pulled up to take them to the EIS airport (30 min drive).  

We went back out to the boat to pick up Mikaela and Gwyn before hitting a couple of provision shops.  I tied the dinghy to the dock and we were on a separate ways.  I was the first to arrive back at the dock, a dock with out our dinghy.  Wait. there it is.  I guess my knots were not good.  I dropped my bags and ran towards the shore towards our floating boat.  There was a lady out swimming with her black lad.  I had talked to this lab for a while yesterday,  She realized that I was with the rogue boat and gave the painter to the dog who swam it ashore for me.  I jumped in the boat, pushed it offshore with an oar and started the outboard.  Back to the dinghy dock to wait for my crew.  

We readied the boat and exited the harbour and were soon on a 283M with our jib unfurled.. 2 tacks later (1 hour) we entered the harbour for Jost Van Dyke and picked the second last available mooring at 1:30.  Jost Van Dyke is a beach bar destination and has a few dock options that one can gain access to the land from.  We decided to pick the closest. It was a service dock for fuel and water, higher dock that would require a bit of a climb to access and a bit of a walk to the bars but we thought it was a good compromise, longer walk with shorter boat ride.  We went ashore and had a really nice dinner at “Coasairs”.  Kenny was our server and he had a great Caribbean type attitude.  The food was excellent, perhaps 4.5 stars but the prices were a bit aggressive.  After dinner we strolled down the street (beach) of bars and returned back to the fuel dock that secured our dinghy.  The dinghy had lodged itself under the wharf and the outboard was restricting it form freedom, caught between joists.  Mikaela stepped up to the plate.  She crawled under the wharf (on the boat) and pushed up on the bottom of the wharf enough to lower the outboard under the joists.  Thanks Mikaela.  

It was a dinghy day.