Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Tuesday February 24, 2015


When I got up Gwyn was already preparing breakfast .  "There is coffee in the thermos and will a vegetarian burrito be ok for breakfast”,  she asked. Who am I to argue?  As breakfast was finishing, Eric and I readied the boat for what was planned to be a 3 hour sail from Jost Van Dyke to Gorda Sound, approx 20 nm. We dropped our mooring and exited the harbour at 9:30AM.  After raising the sails we kept Sandy Cay on our port side and  began our journey.  We only made a little headway on each tack.  At 2:00PM we flashed up the iron spinnaker (the engines) and dropped the sails on a direct course to our waypoint, Mosquito Rock. At 3:30PM we pulled into the Leverick Bay Marina for the second time on this charter. Cocktails - Nap Time - Dinner.

Dinner did not disappoint.  I had the Blood Orange Salad followed by the Vegetarian Plate and then the Creme Brûlée.  Yummy!!

Gwyn

Vegetarian Entree